We are excited to offer a year end trip to Atlanta, GA on May 19-21 for all participants in our band program (Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band-includes Guard & Percussion, Jazz Ensemble, Winter Guard and Winter Percussion). The trip will include a performance at Six Flags Over Georgia on Saturday, May 20th. Cost is $335 for students and $210 for chaperones. The "Atlanta Trip Intent Form" is located at the link below and will also be available on the Forms page of our website under the "Trip Forms" header. A $135 deposit and online submission of intent is due Wednesday, February 22.
Please note we will be leaving Athens early on the morning of Friday, May 19. Students will miss one day of school to participate on this trip.
• Round trip bus transportation
• Two nights lodging at the Hilton Atlanta downtown
• Admission to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Six Flags Over Georgia, and Stone Mountain
• Performance at Six Flags
• A group dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and some other meals
• Other downtown Atlanta sights, including the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
The total student fee for the trip is $335. A non-refundable* $135 deposit is due with the intent form by Wednesday, February 22. The balance is payable in two equal installments of $100 due on March 15 and April 15. Payment in full with the intent form is also accepted. Payment can be made by Check, Credit Card/PayPal, Dwolla or Deducted from Band Account provided funds are available.
Please note that student's band account must be current prior to signing up or you must be signed up online for enough fundraising shifts to cover the balance. Students with outstanding balances from marching band/color guard must clear these balances prior to signing up for the trip. You can check your account balance by referring to the statement that was emailed to you on January17. If you did not receive a statement, please contact email@example.com to request one. Also, any students with outstanding band account balances after the final payment date are subject to removal from the trip. Financial Aid is Not Available for this Trip.
To Sign Up (Deadline for Signups is Wednesday, February 22)
This form will also be available from Forms page of our website at www.athensdriveband.com/forms under "Trip Forms" header.
Parents interested in chaperoning can indicate so on their student's form.
* We need a MINIMUM of 120 student participants in order to cover costs and make the trip worthwhile for our entire band program. If we decide not to go, all deposits will be returned via credit on your account or by check (your choice).
We will provide rooming information, a detailed itinerary and packing list later in the spring.
Note: Please email replies or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org