We hope that you have had a wonderful summer! Can you believe how far our students have come since band camp?!? Wow!!! It is amazing how much they have learned!!
As you all know, Marching Band practice is in full swing, and this week starts after school rehearsals. Chaperones are important to the success of these practices. Your support at practice means a lot to the students and Doc. Plus, it is a great chance for you to see the half time show in progress!
Thanks to those of you who have already signed up to chaperone! We still have some empty slots that need to be filled over the next 3 weeks. If you are able to help, please sign up by clicking on the “Chaperone SignUp” button on the band website main page in the upper left hand corner. Remember, you must be a WCPSS registered volunteer to chaperone.
Below is an overview of practice duties for chaperones.
- Arrive on the practice field by 2:45pm.
- Please bring a chair to sit in.
- There is a medical bag at all practices with: bandaids, ibuprofin, etc. There are no medical personnel at practices.
- Bring a cell phone in case you need to call parents of a sick child, or if an emergency arises.
- The Field Crew will bring and unload: tables, filled water coolers, cups, trash bags, and the medical bag. There is a medical bag at all practices with: bandaids, ibuprofin, etc. There are no medical personnel at practices. Chaperones attend to minor medical needs as necessary.
- The field crew will set the water coolers on the tables. Tie a garbage bag to one of the handles of each of the end coolers for used cups.
- Most students bring a water bottle and will put it on the table. Keep the water bottles filled during practice and fill cups for those who did not bring water bottles. Doc gives them breaks generally every 20-30 minutes. If you listen to Doc, he will sometimes give you advanced notice of when breaks will occur. Make sure the water bottles and cups are ready with water when he breaks.
- Bathroom breaks: when needed, one chaperone drives students up to the band room to use the rest rooms. If they are practicing in the old stadium, the restrooms there can be used if they are open.
- At the end of practice, empty all coolers and put all unused cups back in the box. Seal the trash bags. The Field Crew will put all of the supplies back onto the truck.
Please reply with any questions to: