Cancellation Policy for Non-Stand by Spots
If you cancel within 5 business days of your shift and do not find a replacement, your band account will be charged the amount that you would have made had you worked the shift. If there is a standby, when you notify the chair of your need to cancel, they will move the standby into your spot and your account will not be charged. If there is no standby, you are responsible for finding your replacement. If you are unable to find a replacement and the chair has to find the replacement, your account will be charged. Please understand, when people do not show up for their shift or cancel at the last minute, it affects both the workers at the stand and anyone who wanted to work, but could not find a slot.
Stand By Spots
If you sign up in a Standby spot for any event at the PNC, you MUST be able to work that event.
"Standby Spots" are primarily used to fill in for people who have last minute emergencies. Therefore, if you sign up, you are on "standby" until after the scheduled event start time.
Additional carts sometimes become available, and if possible we try to pick one up to staff. Standby spots are used to fill these additional cart positions. Notifications for additional carts are usually 2 to 7 days before the event. If we need additional volunteers, we will contact you by phone and/or email to confirm as soon as we receive notification that additional workers are needed.
Working the PNC Arena Fundraiser credits your band account at the following level:
- $30 for Leads and $25 for Workers
Dress Code (PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY)
PNC approves dress code as part of the contract agreement. Dress code is strictly enforced. If PNC sends you home because you did not follow the dress code, your band account will be charged the amount you would have earned had you worked.
- Volunteers must wear black slacks or pants, NO JEANS, NO CORDUROYS and NO CARGO PANTS .
- Volunteers must wear black closed toed, rubber soled shoes. NO other color can be on the shoes.
- Volunteers must wear a blue polo, TUCKED IN. PNC has approved the band's current blue polo (with or without a logo). Contact email@example.com to order. No other shirt is provided.
- Volunteers must wear black hat. Your band account will be charged $2.00 for the hat the first time you work. You will keep that hat and use it for future PNC events. NO other hat may be worn.
- Volunteers must wear an ADHS apron. This apron is provided for your use at each event.
- Volunteers may wear a short-sleeved white or black shirt underneath their blue polo.
- If cold natured, a black long sleeve shirt worn underneath your blue polo is permitted.
Parking and Sign In (Chair will send detailed instructions prior to each event)
- Park in Lot C (off Trinity Road) - tell attendant you are working with the Athens Drive Band (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Walk or ride cart to North Entrance (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Check in at doors (see PNC Mezzanine map link at bottom of this page)
- Go to locker for hat/apron
- Once you are 100% ready to work, go around the corner to the right for volunteer sign in (3 ring binder with sign in sheet) - if leader, pick up tags
- Workers proceed to the stand (via the stairs)
- Leaders go downstairs
- After the doors are open, cell phones are not allowed by anyone in any area of the PNC Arena except the Mezzanine Level and, in an emergency, a bathroom stall on any other level.
- If your family must reach you in an emergency, have them call PNC Security at 919-861-2345.